The latest addition to the PlayStation family, the PS5 is already highly anticipated by gamers across the globe. Due to be released in November of this year, it seems that Christmas is finally coming early for the gaming community. While we are not sure of the exact date, what we can tell you is that the PS4 was released on November 15, 2020. Additionally, they have a reveal event scheduled for June 4th. Although Sony is known for being relatively quiet about their new systems until they are fully prepared to release them, they have already released various details in terms of what we can expect from this new gaming system. Are you excited to learn the details of the new system?! Keep reading.
It's no secret, Sony continues to go above and beyond to cater to its diverse group of loyal customers, as well as to attract new ones. That said, the following is a list of the features we know of so far:
- Pricing: Although there is no definitive price set as of yet, Sony is a family-friendly company that understands that the financial status of people across the globe has recently experienced a drastic shift. So, although we cannot give you a definitive price just yet, what we can tell you is that the PS4 was actually almost $100 cheaper than the PS3 and that the price also undercuts the competing game system, the Xbox One by the same amount. They should be announcing the actual price soon. Either way, keep in mind that Sony is known for offering prices that are competitive and relatively affordable for most gamers.
- Backwards Compatibility: It has been quite a while since Sony has released a game system. Therefore, they have certainly made various upgrades to make sure they crush the competition. Given that Xbox One offers backwards compatibility, the PS5 will be doing the same. Given that PCs are filed with emulators which can play virtually any game, and from any year you wish, the PS5 will make sure that fans are able to enjoy this feature on the PlayStation network as well.
- Next-Generation Virtual Reality: This futuristic game console also offers next-generation virtual reality. Those who are into VR and PlayStation will finally have the best of both worlds. Nevertheless, the company does admit that their virtual reality is by no means perfect, but it will definitely give all existing consoles a major run for their money.
- Full Native 4K: Given that 4K TVs are becoming more and more popular in the gaming world, it only makes sense that the PS5 would feature full 4K support.
- Immersive 3D Audio Tech: Complete with amazing audio technology, the PS5 comes complete with the Tempest 3D Audio Engine. With the help of custom-built hardware and software algorithms that make the game sound much more realistic, the 3D Audio Engine will provide gamers with a much more immersive experience overall. In other words, if you hear a sound in the game, youd should automatically be able to identify the source of the noise. This custom solution will work with all stereo headphones on the market, as well as, eventually soundbars. Moreover, it will also work with TV speakers and home entertainment systems.
- Quicker Loading Times: So, it's obvious that loading time for many consoles has left something to be desired. Luckily, those days are officially gone for Sony users. The PS5 includes an uber-fast SSD, which will drastically reduce those dreaded loading times. Marc Cerny demonstrated how this will work and so far, fans are pumped about it!
- 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive: A very exciting feature of the PS5 is the inclusion of a 4K UHD Blu-Ray drive. Rather than a simple gaming system, the inclusion of a Blu-Ray drive essentially turns the PS5 into your own home entertainment system. Therefore, there will be no need to own a separate Blu-Ray player.
- Storage: If you have had complaints in terms of the lack of storage in previous versions, the PS5 should solve this issue. Complete with an 825 GB hard drive, this console is a dream for those who felt other game systems were lacking storage capacity in the past. Additionally, installing and uninstalling is said to be much simpler with this new system. Moreover, if that's not enough memory for you, you will have the ability to add more storage to this console. However, it is only compatible with certain SSDs.
- Quieter Fans: If you have had issues with the noise level that are associated with the fans in the past, the fans for the PS5 will be much quieter. Additionally, in the past, fan speeds have experienced a large fluctuation as the console continues to heat up. Luckily, the PS5 was designed to ensure that the fan speeds remain consistent by consuming the same amount of power at all time. Therefore, you won't have to worry about the loud fan nor the fluctuation.
Overall, there are plenty of features of the new PS5 that have fans very excited. Given that it has been quite some time since Sony has released a game system, the expectations for this new system are sky high. Nevertheless, it would seem that so far, the company has rose to the occasion. Not only does is include VR technology, increased storage, quieter more efficient fans, and a Blu-ray drive, but it also includes things such as quicker loading times, immersive 3D audio tech, and much more. What's more, there are also other features of the console that has yet to be revealed. Be sure to tune into the schedule reveal on June 4, 2020 to find out all the details!