June is the month when the summer is in full swing. It is the time to enjoy warmer weather, longer days, and sunshine. It is also the start of the season full of celebrations, exciting things to do, and social fun. For those who are wondering how to make this month more entertaining and memorable, we have prepared the list of the biggest national days celebrated in June 2020.
National Days June 2020
National Cheese Day - June 4
This unofficial holiday that falls on June 4th celebrates one of the most favorite and popular foods - cheese. On this day you are encouraged to enjoy all kinds of cheese in its different forms. You can make yourself a grilled cheese sandwich, cook a bowl of mac and cheese, prepare a cheese fondue, or just enjoy your favorite cheese with a glass of wine. Here are some ideas on how you can celebrate National Cheese Day to make it special:
- Eat different kinds of cheese. The best and the easiest way to celebrate it is to eat cheese. Today, there are so many kinds of cheese on the market, including parmesan, roquefort, gorgonzola, gouda, cheddar, romano, and others. If you still have not tried some of them, June 4th is the perfect day to do it. Go to the store and buy a few new kinds of cheese that you have never tasted before. You do not have to eat those cheeses alone - there are plenty of recipes with cheese that you can try.
- Make your own cheese. If you want to celebrate this day in a more creative way, you can try to make your own cheese. No worries, you do not have to be a cheesemaker - cheese is actually quite easy to make. You just need two things - the right tools and all the necessary ingredients. There are many online guides and videos that will teach you. You can either create your cheese ahead of June 4th and enjoy it when the day of the celebration comes, or organize a cheese-making session for your family and friends on the National Cheese Day itself.
- Social Media Celebration. Let everyone know about this special day and celebrate it online on social media. You can use the hashtag #NationalCheeseDay to tell your followers and friends that you are participating in this global celebration.
National Veggie Burger Day - June 5
The motto of the National Veggie Burger Day celebrated on June 5th is "Save a cow. Eat a veggie burger". This day is dedicated to vegetarian variations on the burger and is mostly celebrated by vegans and vegetarians, who are against killing animals and meat consumption. It was invented in 2016 by Amy's Kitchen to celebrate veggie burgers and their positive impact on the planet. A typical veggie burger is made of nuts, soy, tofu, and other supplements replacing protein and iron contained in meat. You can enjoy veggie burgers grilled, fried, or baked with your favorite and classic toppings, including tomatoes, cheese, or mustard. Here are some cool ideas for National Veggie Burger Day celebration:
- Make your own veggie burger. Check the recipes available online, write down all the ingredients you need, and after getting them from a grocery store, make your own veggie burgers. If you are creative enough, you can try to invent your own recipe by adding the ingredients you have never tried to combine before.
- Throw a veggie burger party. Gather your family and friends to celebrate this day together. Ask them to bring either their own burgers or ingredients to prepare the burgers together. If the weather is nice, you can have a BBQ party in the backyard or enjoy a picnic in a park. If you are wondering, what you can cook for your guests to impress them, here is Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers - a certified vegan, non-GMO, easy-to-prepare veggie burger made of carrots, broccoli, spinach, and peas.
- Go to one of the restaurants. Almost all restaurants have veggie burgers on their menu. You can check a restaurant with a good rating or go to the one you know. If you are used to ordering a regular burger, June 5th is the day to change your habits for one day by trying a veggie version. Going to a restaurant on this day to celebrate is also a great way to support a local business.
National Cancer Survivor's Day - The First Sunday in June (June 7 in 2020)
It is a treasured celebration of life held every year in June in thousands of communities throughout the United States. It is the celebration for survivors and the inspiration for those who are diagnosed with cancer and fighting with this disease. On June 7, 2020 millions of people will come together to acknowledge those who live with cancer and to draw attention to the challenges faced by cancer survivors. There are so many things you can do to become part of this celebration and show cancer survivors your support. Here are a few ideas on what you can do:
- Post a personal message on social media. Share your own story if you have any or just post the words of encouragement to let cancer survivors know that they are not alone.
- Spread the word. Record a supportive video message, write a blog post, or reach out to a local journalist to tell about this special day.
- Host a Potluck Dinner. Organize a small party in honor of cancer survivors. Invite your friends and neighbors, and ask them to bring their favorite dishes and a small donation to help to raise money for cancer treatment. Donate the collected funds to a charity of your choice or hospital.
National Donald Duck Day - June 9
It is an annual birthday celebration of one of the most famous and funniest cartoon characters - Donald Duck. There is nobody in the world who does not know this white duck dressed in a blue sailor shirt with a sailor hat and a red bow tie. He was created by Walt Disney Productions and made his debut on the silver screen on June 9, 1934. After almost 100 years, he still remains the most published non-superhero animated character of all time. National Donald Duck Day is a great unofficial holiday to celebrate with kids and spend fun time together as a family. If you are looking for ideas, here are a few:
- Watch all of his movies. Make some popcorn and spend a night together by watching Donald Duck cartoons. To make it more fun, do not forget to comment in his special "duck voice" and repeat his famous phrases you can hear in his films such as "Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!", "What is the big idea?" or "Ah phooey!"
- Host a themed party. Throw a party by inviting your friends and asking them to dress up like Donald or any other Walt Disney Character.
- Buy yourself an ugly sweater. Even though it is still six months before Christmas, you can already start your Christmas shopping and buy a cute Disney Ugly Sweater with a knitted Donald Duck face on it.
National Children's Day - Second Sunday of June (June 14 in 2020)
The second Sunday of June in the United States is known as National Children's Day. It is the day to honor the presence of children in our life as our future, to slow down our busy and hectic lives, and dedicate this day to our families by spending time together. Children's Day in the United States has a long history. It was started in 1856 by Reverend Dr. Charles Leonard from Massachusetts as the day to baptize children. However, officially the second Sunday of June was proclaimed as National Children's Day only in 2001 by President Bush. Since it is Children's Day, it is should be centered around kids. Here are some ideas on how you can make this day special and memorable for your kids:
- Picnic in a park. If the weather allows, organize an old-fashioned picnic in a park with juice, sandwiches, and other snacks. You can also invite other families with kids and play different games with kids in the open air.
- Disney party. For most kids, Disney characters are an iconic part of their lives. Therefore, your children will love a Disney party with themed decorations and costumes. In order to make your party even more fun, you can also screen your children's favorite Disney movies, play Disney music or organize a coloring activity. Here is a Super Set of 3 Deluxe Coloring Books that you can get for your kids and their guests. The set consists of over 200 coloring and activity pages and even includes Frozen stickers.
- Camping. Spend a night under the stars and enjoy a special time as a family outdoors. There are so many things you can do while camping: singing songs around the fire, play games, make marshmallows or go on a hike. It is a great opportunity to bond with your kids and create wonderful family memories.
June is not only the first month of summer appreciated for a lot of sunshine and warm weather, but also the month of celebrations. Whichever national day you decide to celebrate, we hope that our ideas will help you to make it fun, exciting, memorable, and special for you.